EG Trust Ambassadors
The England Golf Trust recognises and understands the importance of how young people can positively impact upon other young people being introduced to golf, learning to play and following a pathway into membership. As part of our commitment to supporting grassroots golf, we recently developing a Young Ambassador Programme, which provides the opportunity for grant recipients to be recognised as England Golf Trust Young Ambassadors. As part of this programme, the Young Ambassadors make a commitment and agreement to support with local golf development activity. The aim of this is to:
- Provide our grant recipients with the opportunity to develop personal and life skills, which will support them not only within golf, but also towards career development and also life generally.
- Provide an opportunity to develop and gain hands-on experience which will contribute to a wide range of career and job roles for the future.
- Support the Golf Foundation through their local HSBC Golf Roots Centres and PGA Professionals, as well as supporting other partners (such as the County Association, etc.) and golf development projects.
- Utilise Young Ambassadors to act as positive role models to other young people entering into the game and supporting young golfers whilst learning to play the game.
The roles that Young Ambassadors are involved with vary, but include some of the below:
- Supporting as a Young Leader at the Level 3 County School Games Events
- Acting as a Girls Golf Rocks Ambassador
- Helping with Family or Junior Taster days at golf clubs
- Assisting the delivery of Tri-Golf and StreetGolf Sessions with PGA Professionals within schools and the community. In return, the Golf Foundation has provided free places for Grant Recipients to become recognised ‘Activators’.
- Supporting junior coaching sessions at the golf club, including involvement with leadership of sessions (assisting delivery, providing encouragement, helping the PGA Professional to set up and pack away sessions, taking registers, etc.)
- Delivering Presentations and supporting at Junior Organisers Conference
- Involvement with roles at the County Association
With the varying degrees of availability of our Young Ambassadors, we ensure the commitments of the role work around the schedule of the young person. For example, some Young Ambassadors support with one-off events, whilst others are supporting once a month, once a week or even several hours each week.
If you have any further questions, or have an opportunity available in your area that you feel could be supported by a Young Ambassador, please contact Debbie Fisher on the below e-mail address: