England Golf Trust
In 2016 the England Golf Trust introduced the Young Ambassador programme. It provides youngsters with the opportunity to:
- Develop personal and life skills, progression of their own golf, but also towards career development and life generally,
- Work alongside adults and youngsters which gives them confidence,
- Promote, fundraise and share information about the England Golf Trust,
- Support the Golf Foundation through the network of HSBC Golf Roots Centres and PGA Professionals, as well as supporting other relevant partners and golf development projects,
- Act as positive role model to other young people starting and learning to play the game.
The Young Ambassador programme is open to young people (upon recommendation) who want to support the Trust and help grow the game of golf. You do not need to be a grant recipient to get involved.
Currently, there are 24 ambassadors with a variety of roles. The responsibilities of Young Ambassadors vary from helping with one-off and occasional events, to being involved regularly on a weekly basis or several times per week. We understand there are many commitments youngsters have in their lives and therefore we ensure the Young Ambassador role fits around your life.
Examples of roles taken on by Young Ambassadors includes:
- Level 3 County School Games Young Leader,
- Girls Golf Rocks Ambassador,
- Assistant Activator to PGA Professionals with Tri-Golf and StreetGolf sessions within schools and junior coaching sessions at the golf club,
- Supporting the junior section at the golf club,
- Encouraging women and girls at the club to enter the England Golf Trust Stableford Competition,
- Delivering a presentation or talk with young people and members at the golf club, sharing about how the Trust has helped them, what support is available through the Trust and ways of fundraising,
- Promoting the England Golf Trust through media sources such as Womens Golf and the BBC.
We believe it’s key to keep in touch with our Young Ambassadors, their parents and mentors to understand what they are enjoying about the programme and how we can develop this further. We have received lots of positive feedback including:
The Mentors have said of Young Ambassadors…
“…. they are great role models”
“… other juniors respect and look up to them”
“… are always a pleasure to have around”
“… have great rapport with the other juniors”
“… show a great willingness”
“… their help has been invaluable!”
“… they have set a new precedent at the club for the older juniors, to help and encourage the younger juniors coming through”
“… I can’t thank them enough!”
The Young Ambassadors and their parents have said the programme has enabled them to…
“… develop confidence and social skills”
“… learn life skills”
“… give something back to the game”
“… feel very proud to represent the England Golf Trust”
“… meet lots of new people and make new friends. You can show people how great golf is”
“… It’s a great thing to do”
“… It’s been a great honour to represent the England Golf Trust”
Interested in becoming a Young Ambassador?
Please contact Stacey Mitchell via e-mail (email@example.com) to register your interest. Appropriate recommendation must also be provided, for example from a Junior Organiser, Club Manager or PGA Professional. Once received, someone will be in touch with you shortly after to follow up and talk through the process more thoroughly.